If you want a good oral health as an adult, there are things you need to do to keep your smile in the best shape possible. These things might seem a bit overwhelming at first, but they can be easier than you think they are. If you care for your teeth and gums regularly, you can be greatly benefitted and you can reach your oral health goals. Our dentist, Dr. Patricia Conn, is happy to help you by recommending that you do the following things:
– Clean your smile regularly. This means you need to brush twice a day, floss once a day, and rinse with mouthwash daily
– Visit your dentist often. It’s very important to attend your checkups every six months.
– Avoid tobacco use. Tobacco can alter your oral health because it can destroy your teeth and gums.
– Use the right oral hygiene products. It’s recommended that you use tools that have been approved by the American Dental Association. This stamp of approval proves that the products are safe to use.
– Have a healthy and balanced diet. It’s best to avoid foods and drinks that can harm your teeth, like sugary and acidic products.
– Align your teeth if you have smile misalignments. Orthodontic treatment can help correct areas of the smile that are tough to clean, which can help you avoid dental problems.
– Protect your smile with a mouthguard. A mouthguard can help you prevent oral injuries when you participate in high-contact activities.
For more information and details about adult oral health in Ferndale, Washington, please contact our dental team at Patricia Conn, DDS at your earliest convenience. All you need to do is dial 360-384-5902 and we will be more than happy to help you!